Sat Nav Postcode : Po38 2EJ - Barrack Shute, Niton, Ventnor. Carry on past Ramblers Retreat into the carpark
From East Cowes car ferry
1) Take A3021 main road out of town;
2) Turn right at roundabout onto A3054, follow into Newport;
3) At large "Coppins Bridge" roundabout, take A3056 (signs to Sandown);
4) After 1 mile turn right onto A3020 (signs to Shanklin);
5) In Rookley, as road bends left take right-turn (signs to Chale, Blackgang, Niton);
6) Follow road for several miles into Niton;
7) In Niton, go past crossroads by shops then
8) go straight over and up hill;
9) Down other side of hill, take right slip-road gravel track (signs Boxers Lane & Westcliff);
10) Westcliff car park is straight ahead. Your holiday home is No.9.
From Fishbourne car ferry
Take main road out, at lights turn right onto A3054, then over roundabout & into Newport. Then follow above from 3) onwards to chalet.
From Yarmouth car ferry
Turn right (A3054, signs Freshwater), through Freshwater following signs to Freshwater Bay & Ventnor. At Freshwater Bay, turn left (A3055, signs Ventnor) and follow spectacular "Military Road" to Niton. In Niton, at crossroads (Londis food shop opposite) turn right. Then follow above from 8) onwards to chalet.
Southern Vectis buses (website)
As well as the car ferries, high speed passenger boats run from Southampton to Cowes and Portsmouth to Ryde, with easy links from mainline rail stations. Several regular bus services link all the ports with Newport, the Island's capital. Quickest route from Newport to Niton is the No.6 bus. Alternatively, the No.7 or 7A "Island Explorer" runs roughly around the Island's coast in both directions, stopping off at Freshwater, Yarmouth, Newport, Ryde, Sandown, Shanklin, Ventnor, Niton and most places in-between. Ideal from Yarmouth ferry (or from any other if you want to arrive by the scenic route) or, later on, sit back and see the sights with a hop-on hop-off Rover Ticket.